There are a million ways to say thank you. Great or small they all have value.
· Decide to always just say thank you whenever you see a person in uniform.
· When you see a person in uniform at the coffee shop or fast food restaurant pick up their tab if you can.
· At the airport trade your first class or comfort seat for their standard seat
· If you have a neighbor who is deployed offer to play catch with the kids or mow the lawn. Ask how you can help
· Send a care package by contacting Operation Gratitude
· Donate your old cell phone
· Drive a Veteran to their doctor appointments (contact the hospital services coordinator at the local VA hospital)
· Write a letter
· Volunteer at a VA hospital
· If you run a business hire a veteran - Hire Heroes USA
· Donate dollars or time to train service dogs for veterans - Patriot Paws or Puppy Jake Foundation
· Build a house for a veteran - Building Homes for Heroes
Big dollars or only a few dollars, lots of time or only a little time, where there is a will there is a way to say thank you to those who serve in our military.